Wednesday, September 28, 2011

There is no crying in baseball.

There is no crying in baseball. So why am I crying now? Oh yea, because I am an over emotional, baseball obsessed woman... that’s why.

I was looking so forward to the post season. I just knew they would be there and I would be watching. My neighbor mentioned something about possibly getting tickets. Don’t count your chickens before they are hatched though, they tell you. Well, cluck you.

The Braves just lost in the 13th. The Cardinals have already won their game.. ‘
And that was all she wrote. Game Over. Season Over. No More. What everyone thought was an utter certainty a few weeks ago has now slipped through their fingers.

The Braves are my life. I wear their shirts, have memorabila in my room, on my wall, on my computer, on my bed (comforter and pillows people -__- ) I read about them, watch them, listen to them. I collect their cards. I lose my voice cheering for them at games. I even dream about them. They are my team.

As I sit typing this, I am sniffling and the tears are rolling. I feel like I want to puke. I feel like screaming and throwing things. I feel numb. I feel like an idiot. There are so many things going on in the world and look at me, getting upset over a stupid ball game. I didn’t cry this much when my grandmother died, so why the hell am I doing it now?

There is always next year. There will be next year. They are still my team and they will always be. Go Braves.

No comments:

Post a Comment