Monday, November 11, 2013

Can of Chipper.




So, I was surfing ebay when I came across this:

A CAN OF CHIPPER JONES!  It is a pinnacle 1998 product that features various players and inside the can is a pack of cards.  You need a can opener to open it.

 




















SEE ^  You gotta have adult supervision!  I bet they wouldn't have this today, although 1998 isn't that long ago.  Way to many sue happy people out there.

 


















I like the product information done like a  nutrition label.  Yes, it is sideways.  I rotated it on the computer  but it keeps showing up this way.


 















The cards!

 



I dunno what the hell was up with this card, or what they were thinking when they made it.  It is half a card of half a player featuring four different players, all Braves. 


 
I  also did a video of me opening it.
 

3 comments:

  1. They also made them in 1997. I have an opened 1997 Chipper on my desk. It's full of pencils ! If you want I'll send it to ya' ! Then you'll have a pair.

    Some where there is another one of those stand up cards with the slit on the bottom half. The two will fit together to form all four players and "stand-up" by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that and I'd love another Chipper related anything.

    Well, that makes more sense. Doubt I'll ever get the other piece. At least it was one fourth of Chipper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one on my desk holding pencils as well. I'm almost ashamed to say, but it's got A-Rod ( as a Mariner) on it. Keep in mind that I have had it since 1997.

    ReplyDelete