Friday, June 19, 2009

Black VS White

Ok, so that isn’t the most politically correct title, but it serves the purpose of what I want to talk about.

I had bought two blasters packs of Topps 2009 series 1 awhile back. What I did not know at time though, was that Wal-Mart was doing a special black boarded card set.

Newbie me thought that was how they where all supposed to look. At least that is, until today, when I bought two retail packs of series 2 cards. They had white borders. Then I got to looking at other card blogs. They had series 1 cards with white borders. SEEEEEE!

I don’t really have that much of a problem with them really. The border looks fine and all, I’m just funny about wanting sets to look the same. I just wish I would have known about the special black borders before hand. So many different stores/etc seem to have various things going on with cards. Like the 2009 set with Traget retro and the Wal-mart black borders.

What do you all think of such sets having different varations? Do you just combine the cards to make one set (like some from Target and others from wal-mart, etc) Or do you stick to one? (all black border cards)

2 comments:

  1. I'm an old school kind of collector I guess, so variations still make my little brain hurt. I didn't know about the black bordered blasters until I was well into series 1, so I stayed away from blaksters.

    When series 2 came out, I forgot about it and bought a blaster. Then thought "oh crap." Fortunately, they were all white bordered.

    The Target old school version doesn't bother me much, but I don't like the black Wal Mart version and will stay away from them if I can help it.

    But hey that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes my brain hurt as well. I was finally getting used to all the different brands (I had no idea Topps and Upper deck had so many different brands of cards) and they had a series 1 and 2. Now this. I have a hard enough time deciding what to buy as it is.

    I wish they would tell you on the blaster pack beforehand, at least if they do stuff like that.

    Wal-mart around here is the only place for blasters. There is a Target, but we hardly ever go to it... or near it for that matter. Maybe I will just stick to the black borders since I have over a hundred cards already of such.

    ReplyDelete