Friday, August 7, 2009

My undying love for Upper Deck X

Yes, the dreaded Upper Deck X.

I want to complete an 09 set. It will be my first 09 set, or actually my first completed set ever if I manage to succeed. Unless I manage to finish the 08 set or Tops 06 set before then that is.

The glaring question you might be wondering is WHY? WHY? WHHHHHHY?

I know most of the collecting world has dubbed the cards with their very own letter in the alphabet less than stellar. There is just something about them that appeals to me. I like them, I really do. ...Really. Honestly.

Besides for that though, there is another reason I am going after them.

UDX has a smaller base set. 100 cards are easier to get than 600. Or really 200 as I plan on going after the cut and uncut cards as well. Plus they are cheap, or cheaper than other cards, and for a gal on a limited budget, it can be a lifesaver.

I had thought about going after O-Pee-Chee and Allen and Ginter. I love the looks of both of them, but with nearly 600 base cards in O-Pee-Chee and all the different types of cards in Allen and Ginter there is no way I will ever get a full set when I average a blaster box a month.

I likely will still buy a pack here or there of OPC and A&G, but for the most part UDX will be it.

There has got to be someone out there that also collects the stuff I can trade with. Or ones that bought the cards on a whim and dislike them. I'm finally getting a collection going so perhaps we can work something out.

5 comments:

  1. I actually like 2009 UDX way better than last year, but I'm not really a set collector, so the ones I have no need for are yours, as well as the ones from last year I mentioned awhile back if you still need them. I've also found all my small pile of 2006 topps if I can help you with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome. Should I send you an e-mail with a list of what I need?

    ReplyDelete
  3. spikyanimehair@yahoo.com ;)

    ReplyDelete